MEGASLIDE® COARSE GLASS BEADS
1. Mechanical lubricant as a means to INCREASE RATE OF PENETRATION of a drill string within a deviated well bore.
2. As an aid to SLIDE DRILLING, BATCH DRILLING & RUNNING CASING OR A LINER.
3. As a mechanical lubricant when DRILLING EXTENDED REACH WELLS.
4. Superior TORQUE & DRAG REDUCTION.
MEGASLIDE® 14-20 mesh
MegaSlide® coarse glass beads have the highest values for compressive strength and hardness available to the oilfield. The compressive strength of MegaSlide® 14-20 mesh or a nominal 1.0 mm) is 134 lbf (600 N) and 71.5 Rc hardness. API pipe tables, Class E and N-80 have a tensile strength of about 100,000 psi. This is equivalent to 95-98 RB. However some furnace heats may be more than 23 RC. S135 has a tensile strength of 147,000 psi and 35-39 RC. Stabilizers and tool joints are similar to 4140 steel with hardness about 1/2 that of MegaSlide® beads or 30-34 RC.
Excellent results have been found, due to the larger exposed surface area of the coarse bead. It enables itself to protrude further out of the wall cake which gives a greater ball-bearing affect to the outer casing wall in open hole.
- Color: Colorless, clear and free of carbon residues
- Specific Gravity: 2.45 – 2.50 g/cm3
- Hardness: C70.5
- Crush Resistance: ±60,000 pounds
- Packaging: 50 lb. multilayer bags, 40 bags/pallet
- Roundness: Greater than 90% true spheres by visual inspection
- Chemical Composition: Soda lime glass (no free silica)
MegaSlide® glass beads can be added to entire system at 2-6 lbs/bbl or run in sweeps. Excellent results have been found by first running sweeps with 10-50 lbs/bbl and then following with 1-2 sx per hour.